Featuring West Allis-West Milwaukee School District (Wis.)
51 minutes - May 15, 2019
Students with positive behavior spend more time learning in class and help to create safe school environments.
Districts and schools are seeking to understand the factors that influence positive behavior, such as school climate, students’ mindsets, and teacher training. That’s why schools and districts are strengthening Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) and Response to Intervention (RTI) processes by measuring and understanding their students’ social-emotional learning (SEL).
In this webinar, learn how district and school leaders:
- Use SEL data to prevent behavior issues by addressing root causes
- Introduce trauma-sensitive and restorative practices
- Use universal PBIS strategies
- Connect behavior information with academic, attendance, and SEL data to plan schoolwide and student-level interventions
- Provide direct instruction to help students build social-emotional skills
- Deidre Roemer, Director of Leadership and Learning, West Allis-West Milwaukee School District (Wis.)
- Brooke Smith, Student Services Counselor, West Allis-West Milwaukee School District (Wis.)
- Maurice Anderson, Success Partner, Panorama Education