Featuring Morris School District, Penn Yan Central School District, and Forest Lake Public School District
54 minutes - January 23, 2019
As more schools and districts seek to support every student through a Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS), common challenges are emerging.
Educators are looking at academic, behavioral, and social-emotional learning (SEL) data to identify which students need additional supports and to provide appropriate interventions at each tier. However, districts struggle to set up data systems and “human systems” that will enable them to fulfill the promises of equity and positive student outcomes.
In this webinar, educators will discuss how districts are responding to five challenges of MTSS:
- Providing all students with an effective, preventative Tier 1 base of support
- Responding to students’ needs for additional supports by understanding root causes
- Offering targeted interventions across academics, behavior, and social-emotional learning
- Bringing data together through data system interoperability
- Coordinating school-wide practices and expectations
Speakers will provide concrete recommendations and insights on what’s working in their districts to make MTSS a success.